MT BAW BAW ALPINE RESORT IS THE CLOSEST DOWNHILL SKI RESORT TO MELBOURNE & THE MORNINGTON PENINSULA
- Mt Baw Baw is a family friendly alpine resort, offering a tube park, toboggan runs, dog sled tours, snowsports lessons, Kids Camps and family accommodation packages.
- With 35 hectares of groomed runs, seven ski lifts, three snow play areas, 10kms of groomed x-country ski trails & unlimited terrain amongst the snowgums, you will be hard pressed to find a more pristine outdoor venue so close to Melbourne.
- Given the nature of the terrain & the lift network, Mt Baw Baw snowfields are ideal for the snowboarder, downhill & cross country skier.
- Mt Baw Baw is located 120 km east of Melbourne and 50 km north of the Latrobe Valley
- Your Mt Baw Baw adventure is merely a 2.5 hour drive from Melbourne, 1 hour from the heart of Gippsland, and just over 3 hours from the Mornington Peninsula. One tank of petrol is all it takes to get there and back from Melbourne!
- Mt Baw Baw is a year-round alpine resort, catering for snow enthusiasts during the White Season, and outdoor adventurers, bushwalkers and bike riders during the Green Season.
- During the warmer months, Mt Baw Baw comes alive with spectacular wildflowers. The Resorts walking trails link to a wider network of trails within the Baw Baw National Park and also the Great Alpine Walking Trail. The Resort is also home to a national standard downhill mountain bike track which is open selected weekends during the Green Season.
Kids ‘summit to sky’
- The Village Restaurant is open all year round offering great food and spectacular views across West Gippsland. It is also the hub for special events, functions and weddings. Fabulous food & wine
The village, with its friendly atmosphere and modern facilities caters for the day tripper and overnight visitor.
- With accommodation, ski hire, food outlets, retail, & information centres all within easy walking distance of the car parks, the village is an ideal base from which to explore the surrounding area.
When You arrive please go to Guest Services Office, where our lovely staff will be happy to help you: